A 3-hour training event that teaches the required processing standards and activities to protect crime scenes, preserve physical evidence, and collect and submit evidence for scientific examination. Including:
- An introduction to the “CSI Checklist App,” a new mobile device tool for law enforcement and forensic professionals, lists the accepted national standards for crime scene processing.
- Understand the first police officer’s responsibilities who arrive at the crime scene, emergency medical responders, the lead investigator, crime scene technician, and medical examiner’s forensic investigator.
- The survey, photograph, and sketching of a crime scene.
- Proper packaging and containers to transport evidence found at a crime scene to ensure its integrity and preservation.
- Reconstruct a crime scene timeline.
- Establish a “Chain of Custody.”
- Documenting the crime scene investigation.
Instructor: Tom Mauriello, M.F.S. (GWU’76), Forensic Consultant – CEO, ForensIQ, Inc.; Adjunct Professor – University of Maryland, Department of Criminology and Criminal Justice; and US DoD Special Agent and Chief of Polygraph (Retired),
ONSITE TRAINING AVAILABLE NOW – CALL 800-890-0658
ONLINE COURSE AVAILABLE SOON – EMAIL US FOR NOTIFICATIONS – INFO@COMMSTATIM.COM
Online Course Features
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration Lifetime access
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes
Curriculum is empty