A 3-hour training event that will:
- Describe the role of the medical examiner system versus the coroner system.
- Distinguish the cause of death from the manner of death.
- Understand the practical methods for estimating the time of death.
- Know the standard procedures for conducting a death investigation.
- Discuss the roles of the medical, legal, evidence, and investigative personnel.
- Describe the multiple fields of forensic sciences used in a death investigation.
- View an actual forensic autopsy being conducted and hear the communications between the forensic pathologist and the homicide investigator during the process.
- Examine the issues uncovered during the O.J. Simpson Double Murder Case.
Instructor: Tom Mauriello, M.F.S. (GWU’76), Forensic Consultant – CEO, ForensIQ, Inc.; Adjunct Professor – University of Maryland, Department of Criminology and Criminal Justice; and US DoD Special Agent and Chief of Polygraph (Retired).
ONSITE TRAINING AVAILABLE NOW – CALL 800-890-0658
ONLINE COURSE AVAILABLE SOON – EMAIL US FOR NOTIFICATIONS – INFO@COMMSTATIM.COM
Online Course Features
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration Lifetime access
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes